As Texas loosen the pandemic restrictions on people and businesses, many are driving their vehicle. Hence, many will be heading to their local gas station to fuel their vehicle. Therefore, here some suggestions to keep in mind.
1. Use discernment when choosing the location. If the area is safe, it may be beneficial to avoid heavily occupied gas stations.
2. Wear all appropriate PPE including disposable gloves and a face covering.
3. If possible, conduct all of you business at the gas pump, do not enter the store.
4. Maintain 6 ft distancing.
5. If the fuel must be purchased with cash, try to pay the attendant the exact amount so there is no need to receive change.
6. If a credit card must be handed to the attendant, be sure to sanitize it after the attendant hands it back.
7. Use towels, or cloths and disinfectant to sanitize the gas pump handle and any other surfaces (buttons, fuel grade selector, etc.) you will have to touch.
8. After refueling and placing the gas nozzle into its cradle, use the disinfectant to sanitize your gloved hands.